Sunday, August 19, 2012

Don't Mess With My Toot Toot!

Toot....toot....toot!!! That's me blowing my own horn!!! I love the sound of that!! I have now exercised three days in a row! Yea! Geaux Janice, geaux Janice, geaux, Janice! I did not do the second session of Kettle Worx today. I could tell my body just was not ready for that. What I did was a Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile video. The kicks, the knee lifts, and the kick backs were perfect in that they helped loosen up and work my thighs in a way that ached a little but also felt really good. I could not do squats or lunges today. I knew to not even attempt them, but this video really fit the bill! I am really pumped that I've exercised for three consecutive days!! I already feel more energized and am actually looking forward to exercising tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to say what else was great about my exercise today. I did it on my screened patio that sits under several shady trees! The temperature was really nice because it rained all day yesterday and most of the day today. It was quite pleasant!

I wonder why after all the times I've realized how good exercise makes me feel, I quit doing it. It just doesn't make sense! I must once and for all make exercise a part of my daily life and enjoy the  benefits from it. I mean they are just immeasurable!!

One constant that you'll see in reading articles on living a healthy life is the importance of exercise. With all of the different views out there on healthy living, the fact that exercise is always, always on and at the top of the list speaks profoundly!

Weight loss; increased energy, strength, flexibility, and self-esteem; decreased depression, stress, and anxiety; better sleep, mood, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and sugar levels; all of these are there for the taking!! It doesn't take exercising hours a day to reap these benefits, but it does take getting your heart rate up....preferably for at least 20 to 30 minutes a day. The minutes can even be broken down in smaller increments if needed. The important thing is to move...get that heart rate up....get that blood pumping....get those feel good endorphins out and about!!!

Here's to exercise!! May we learn to love not only what it can do for us, but doing it as well!

And here's to acknowledging our accomplishments on the way to our goals and tooting our own horn!

I'm doing pretty well with that already! Don't mess with my toot toot!!!





2 comments:

  1. Geaux Janice indeed! Good for you for taking charge of your fitness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra!! I hope your training is going well! Keep me posted on how you are doing.

      Delete