Friday, August 17, 2012

Giving Up is Not an Option

Obviously I haven't been doing very well, hence the not blogging. I know I said I was going to blog even if I wasn't doing well...but....that's easier said than done. I have been at least planning my attack (on fat). I seem to do a lot of planning and less doing. But....I will never give up!! That is not an option!!

This week I have taken a couple of steps in my attack. Now to make that a couple hundred!

I joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) on Wednesday. For those of you who don't know what that is, go to tops.org and check it out. The gist of it is that you meet each week to weigh in (you're accountable to someone at the scale other than yourself) and talk with others who are losing/maintaining weight. It is similar to Weight Watchers in those repsects, but other than that, it isn't. With TOPS there is no food plan provided. You choose any food plan that works for you. There is also not a Leader who discusses a certain topic for the week. The speakers at these meetings are members who volunteer to speak on a subject of their choosing (usually a different member each week). That's pretty cool. It is also different from Weight Watchers in that the cost is much less. Know that I am not knocking Weight Watchers or it's cost! I think Weight Watchers is probably the greatest weight loss plan out there and is reasonably priced!! Because it provides a food plan and a Leader, it is more a little more expensive, but worth what you get. Then why don't you go to Weight Watchers you may ask. Well, the truth is...I worked part time for Weight Watchers for close to ten years, and it's just different after you've been on the employee side. I don't know why that is, it just is. The meetings just don't feel the same anymore (at least that's been my experience and that of a few other WW co-workers). Anyway, TOPS is an alternative for those who like the idea of weigh in accountability, want to choose their own food plan, and want something a little less expensive. I'm looking forward to Wednesday's meeting so I can say....yea....I lost ____ pounds!!!! Or at the least I'll be able to say I had a much better week than the one before!

The other thing I've done is started the Kettle Worx Six-Week Body Transformation program. Let me tell you though...I can already see that I'm gonna have to repeat each week at least once if not twice, so it's going to take me twelve to eighteen weeks to complete. But, that is okay!!! The important thing is that I give it my all each session!! That is what's going to give me the weight loss, better health, and body transformation I'm looking for!! It's not about keeping up with someone who has a higher level of fitness than I do. It's about building mine!!!! I am so so looking forward to increased fitness and more energy!!! Did I say MORE energy? I meant SOME energy!!!!!

Hopefully, I'll blog tomorrow about what a great day I had today. So far it has been just that!!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment